Only seven months after the book came out, the audiobook is here!
There’s no one like me for being johnny on the spot.
Ahem . . . anyway, I’m excited to have it ready for you.
Eventually it will be on Amazon, because that’s the primary platform where most of the world buys, it seems, but if you would like to avoid Amazon and encourage hard-working authors, you can buy it from my Soundwise account, here.
And did I mention it’s only 10 USD? That’s even less expensive than the paperback.
Below is a chapter for you to listen to, so you can get an idea of what the book sounds like. It’s the author reading it to you. (That’s me.) Think of us as having a cup of coffee or tea together.
This is Chapter 14, “Why Are You So Fearful?”
Here is the Table of Contents (you can also see it at this link). The only thing different in the audiobook is the Opening Credits and Closing Credits.
- First Thoughts: My Words & Emotions While I Wrote This Book
PART ONE: YOUR WORDS
- Gossip: Part of the Problem, Part of the Solution
- “Keep Quiet if Someone Offends Me”
- Don’t Tear Down, Just Build Up with Gracious Words
- “Speak No Evil”: Slander and the Tongue You Don’t Hear About in Church
- “Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness”: Reputation vs Character
- Oh, Those Renegade Bloggers
- “Why Are You So Negative?” A Response to “Positive”People
PART TWO: YOUR EMOTIONS
- Does Reason Really Trump Emotions?
- What Causes a “Noisy Soul”?
- Helping a “Noisy Soul”
- Is it Righteous Anger or Sinful?
- Fear in the Bible: Helpful and Harmful
- Those 365 “Fear Not” Verses in the Bible
- “Why Are You So Fearful?”
- Grappling with the “Sin of Empathy”
- Growing Up
- Appendix: Understanding “Moral Injury”
- About the Author
- A Note from the Author
I hope you enjoy the audiobook and get to know our Lord better through it. I know I did, as I studied and wrote it. He is a good and loving God.