If all goes well, Untwisting Scriptures Book 4 will be available on August 8th, 2022.
The full title of the series has changed. Previously, the full title of my Untwisting Scriptures books was Untwisting Scriptures that were used to tie you up, gag you, and tangle your mind.
For this book, the title is Untwisting Scriptures to Find Freedom and Joy in Jesus Christ.
I’m doing the same work as always, but I was ready for the title to be more upbeat and hopeful, and the photo too. So here’s the cover!
I love the gold, and I love how she’s looking up and about to step out of those loose ropes.
Stephanie, the photographer and model who is also an abuse survivor, said, “Looking at this photo last night, I realized that it really does depict where I’m at spiritually now – past the pain and on to loving Scripture and delighting in Christ.”
Isn’t that great? I love that! There are some yucky teachings to untwist, but there is also great hope to be found in our Lord and Savior.
For the first time, I think I’m going to have the audiobook ready pretty close to the same time as the print book. I’ll let you know more about that when the time comes.
As before, I’m grateful to my faithful volunteer readers (from among my website subscribers) who have given me wonderfully helpful feedback and even in some cases have contributed to the book. Thank you!
As promised, here are all the chapters of this newest book in the Untwisting Scriptures series.
Untwisting Scriptures to Find Freedom and Joy in Jesus Christ
Book 4 Wolves, Hypocrisy, Sin Leveling, & Righteousness
Table of Contents
First Thoughts: About Righteousness and Wickedness
PART 1: God’s Children Are Not Vile and Disgusting But Have Full Access to Joyful Righteousness
1. Does God Need to “Look Through the Filter of Jesus” to See His Children?
2. Are You the Prodigal Son or the Older Brother?
3. Nothing Like the Sheep Sermon to Make You Feel Stupid, Disgusting, and Useless
PART 2: We Can Recognize and Reject Sin Leveling
4. What is “Sin Leveling” and What’s Wrong With It?
5. Pronoun Trouble in Romans 2 That Can Keep the Oppressed in a Place of Bondage
6. Why “I’m the Worst Sinner I Know” Is Unbiblical
7. How Teaching Christians to Embrace “I’m the Worst Sinner I Know” Harms the Body of Christ
8. To Those Who Say All Christians Are Hypocrites
9. About That “Log in Your Own Eye”
PART 3: We Can Be Wise About Wickedness, Wolves, and Hypocrisy
10. Making Sense of the Church’s Epidemic of Abuse
11. On the Proliferation of Wolves in the Churches
12. Don’t “Err on the Side of Grace”
13. Jesus vs. the Vipers
PART 4: We Can Flourish in Our Christian Lives
14. Why “Metanoia” is So Much Greater Than “Repentance”
15. Free from Sin
16. “Look to the Cross More”: A Response to the “Gospel-Centered” Movement
My daughter asked me, “How many of these books are you going to write?” I said, “I could probably write a hundred of them, but I might stop at five.”
Well, we shall see. For now, I’m thankful that this one is almost ready to go out, and I pray that you’ll find it helpful in untangling tangled teachings and getting to better know the real Lord Jesus Christ, His great salvation, and His gladness to be with His people.
Go here to download your free Guide, How to Enjoy the Bible Again (when you’re ready) After Spiritual Abuse (without feeling guilty or getting triggered out of your mind). You’ll receive access to both print and audio versions of the Guide (audio read by me). I’m praying it will be helpful.